How to identify whether the epoxy floor paint is non-toxic and environmental?
Date：2018/9/26 16:01:21 Form：本站 Author：管理员
First, the main components and toxicity of solvent-based floor paint:
1. Epoxy resin and curing agent: Epoxy resin and curing agent are toxic when used alone, but the cured product after reaction can be non-toxic and meet the FDA non-toxic requirements.
2, pigment filler: Some pigments and fillers contain heavy metals and other toxic components, such as chrome yellow; some pigments and fillers are non-toxic, such as food grade titanium dioxide, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, talcum powder, quartz powder. For coatings that are non-toxic after drying, non-toxic pigments and fillers can be used. Pigments containing toxic substances such as heavy metals are not used, but the color of such coatings is limited, and the cost of some colors will increase.
3. Solvents: Solvents are mostly harmful to humans, but the toxicity of solvents varies, and the degree of residue in the coating film is different. During the construction and drying process of the paint film, the solvent volatilization is harmful to the environment and the human body. Try to use a solvent with little damage to the human body and strengthen the ventilation to reduce the concentration. For the dried coating film, if the solvent residue selected is low, the solvent is substantially volatilized, and the environment and the human body are not damaged.
4. Auxiliaries: The amount of additives is very small in the coating film. Nowadays, the toxic additives are no longer used, so the non-toxic effect of the additives on the coating film is small.
Second, the solvent-free floor paint category, main components and toxicity description:
1. Epoxy resin and curing agent: Epoxy resin and curing agent are toxic when used alone, but the cured product after they are reacted is basically non-toxic and meets FDA non-toxic requirements.
2, solvent-free epoxy intermediate mortar: composed of quartz sand and quartz powder, the two are natural minerals crushed and screened products, the main component is silica, basically non-toxic.
For the toxicity test of coatings, the common detection methods are as follows:
1. After the coating is cured, the coated powder is used for feeding the white rat test.
2. Paint the container with paint, wash it after drying, and then test the goldfish with water.
3. Paint the container with paint, wash it after drying, soak it in distilled water for a period of time, and then check whether the water quality meets the drinking water standard.
4. Detect whether the heavy metal content of the coating exceeds the standard (can be measured according to ASTM 961-96A or EN-71).